It’s no secret that changing temperatures and cruel atmospheric conditions can damage things, objects and material. If we talk about the spaces that come in direct exposure to these changing weather conditions, you may think about one of the most important places in your house- Your Outdoor Living Space!
Everyone loves to unwind themselves in their beautiful backyard after spending those hectic hours of work. Your outdoor living space is the escape to your relaxing world from the daily hustle and bustle of life. If it calms you, it is your duty to renovate your outdoor living space as well. Give it the maintenance it deserves so that it continues to uplift the value of your house and at the same time, serve your purpose.
Here are some of the repair and maintenance tips for your outdoor living space-
1) Patch the potholes and fill the cracks- There could be the presence of loose debris, stones that may clog the gutters with flowing water and later create bigger potholes in the garden. There may be larger stones too; therefore, don’t forget to remove them and clean the debris before you begin to fix the cracks and potholes. Also, keep your eye on the small crevices since they could house pests and be a place for the growth of weed.
2) Replace damaged weatherstrips on garden doors- Gardening equipment, shovels and snow removal tools can damage the weatherstripping of your garden. Ruptured weatherstripping can cause troubles later on so, make sure to repair or replace the weatherstripping.
3) Repair cracks in sidewalks and retain walls- With time, sidewalks and walls can wither away. They may appear dull with all the cracks; therefore, you must call professionals to retain walls and sidewalk since they know which sealant and adherent to use, besides, choosing the same material as used earlier.
4) Trim and prune dead branches and shrubs- Shabby looking trees with dangling branches may hamper the appearance of your outdoor space, making it appear dull. Make sure to prune the dead shrubs, rotten branches and branches that are clustered near the roof as well since they can contribute in the clogging of eavestrough, downspouts and gutters. Pruning and trimming lead to healthy growth, and you must conduct it after a few days to take care of the plants in your patio.
5) Inspect the deck of corrosion or rust- If your outdoor space is large enough to incorporate a deck, then the railings of the deck are firm and free from corrosion. Most of the decks are made up of stones that can wither away because of weather changes, make sure to fill them up. If your deck has wood, then use wood lamination to protect it from molds and moisture.
6) Clean and repair outdoor fireplace and kitchen if any- Inspect all the hardscaping including fireplace, water features or even your outdoor kitchen. Such things to need repair and maintenance every now and then since it makes an excellent hideout place for critters.